Men and scrapbooking????

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Men and scrapbooking????

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 pm

How does your man feel about scrapbooking or you scrapbooking...lol.
Does he join in and give it a go, or does he just like it because it keeps you happy and (that's the main thing).
Or does he get frustrated because your constantly scrapping or spending money on scrapping...lol Razz

Well mine ...lol he just like s it because it keeps me happy I am asuming...lol. For me just as long as he oohhs and aaahhhs in the right places I m fine with that...lol. Though I do wish he would get a bit more enthusiastic about some of my stuff especially the lay-out's that I work really hard on...Oh well
got to live with what you've got.. Rolling Eyes
Cheers Tina
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Men and scrapbooking????

Post by scrappinjo on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:07 pm

well my hubby, he know's i ve always been crafty and he thought this was a great way to make memories and also i had a hobbie....but then one day he sat there and started scrapping and now he is hooked ,so now we have a hobbie together,but even before that i don't think there is one lo he hasn't added something or throwin in some idea's or some form of input, so yeah we have fun! i think if more men were incouraged to try it they would like it, in actual fact besides the money that is spent on scrapbooking i think they know that if they try it they might actually like it,and that is what frustrate's them.. Very Happy gosh tina you started a subject there.......!LOL! lol!
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:23 pm

yeah interested to see mens take on things because it shouldn't only be a female thing, I think and agree with you that I feel that most men would actually enjoy it...
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:52 pm

hi i think my hubby likes me to scrap...i am lucky enough to now have a desk in a corner of a room where i scrap and when he is home he comes in and checks out the latest layout i have done.. (he is a truckie so can be away)
he also knows that when i am home scrapping, i am not in town running amuck in the shops!! (haha..)
and sometimes when we go to brisbane, he actually takes me to a scrap shop and waits for hours while i hunt for all those things i can't get in toowoomba..
so i am thankful he is supportive of my hobby/addiction!!
so i salute my hubby and all the hubby's of scrappers!!
hurray!!!
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappin4joy on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 pm

mines pretty good....he does take an interest in my finished work....doesn't get involved often though.....but I'm good with that......I would never disclose just how much I spend to him though...that would only happen if he asked the direct question.....haha...and even then I'd probably round it down quite a bit...LOL
scrappin4joy
Just Learning

Number of posts : 70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:12 pm

I know what you you mean ...lol. If David really new how much I spend each week on scrapbooking....I think he would have a coronary...lol. He thinks I spend about $20 to $50 dollars a week on scrapbooking with an odd large week here and their but really it's usual about $50 to $70 a week on average...lol.. I know I am bad...lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappin4joy on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:34 pm

My problem is I can't go to the shops and not buy something scrap related...it might be a $2 pack of bling....or a $70 spend on storage...LOL
scrappin4joy
Just Learning

Number of posts : 70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm

lol so know where your coming from...paper is my extreme week spot I just can't walk past it..if I haven't got it then a I have to grab it.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:59 pm

oh girl's well my problem is my hubby know's how much i spend and yet he encourages it, i can spend nearly $200.00 a week on scrapbooking, i know sound's alot but beginner scrapbooker so had to get the stash up to scratch and now i've got some papers to choose from and a wide range of embellies and what ever else i still, like now don't think i have enough because i'm standing here trying to decide what to scrap! Very Happy
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:45 am

what i like is some cheapy shops have some scrapbooking stuff.. there is a 2 dollar shop in toowoomba which gets kaiser stuff in and really great stickers.. and i am sure you can relate to me when i say there seems to be a huge magnet at the entrance of some shops that just draws you into the shop and then i open my eyes and somehow i am at the scrap/craft section??? that is strange!!!haha..
yeah i can relate to scrappin4joy about the need to come home with something new in scrap supplies.. even if it is only a page of stickers !!
a day of shopping isnt complete without something!!!haha..
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:06 pm

lol yes I so relate to this all...sometimes I wander if I will ever actually be able to buy a house if I keep spending all the extra on scrapbooking products....ssshhh don't tell david I just said that
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:48 pm

well i know weekly thursday shop isn't the same anymore unless i check scrapbooking /craft aisle's in everyshop i go into, that is when i knew i had an obsession....LOL! thank's tina
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:25 pm

My pleasure darl, It's not like it's a bad thing...lol...Only when you really try and think about how much even just one album can be worth....Hundreds...lol. Then you try and add up about 20 something albums...thousands...lol. Then you try and add up how much your stash is worth...lol...more thousands....then you think about the fact that you more than likely will be doing this for the rest of your life....lmao. WOW
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 am

Well, Daniel just lets me do it because he knows that I am gonna do it anyway. He isn't really a fan...I think he gets jealous when I spend too much time scrapping and not doing other things like housework and spending time with him (not that I get the chance anyway because he works such long hours then gets fixated on other things when he gets home...humph!). I don't even bother showing himmy latest LO's anymore because he barely glances at it...he really is just not interested.
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://www.susehocking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:46 am

Yeah I know what you mean Suse, David doesn't even look at my work....I don't bother in telling what I do or not, he couldn't care less.....So I just do it for myself and know that the kids will love them when they are older.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:36 pm

good thinking girlie! well u always have payback when he get's a little hobbie of his own remember patience is a virtue!...LOL!
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:40 pm

well i think my husband need's his head examined on thursday i spent $386.00 on scrapbooking supplies because of this 60th album i didn't have thing's that i needed and no that is not my excuse either.....hehe! well anyway all he could say was " cool can't wait, show me when i get home" like hello i would of got a bit hot under the coller if that was me...........though technically i should just shut my rambling mouth and be happy he didn't complain..... Very Happy
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:22 pm

yes Jo I think you should and you are just to lucky....lol....If I did that and told David I think he would yell that loud that the roof would crumble in at work.....lol.....every-one on the floor would probably jump out of their skin.....lol....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:32 pm

so true my dear, although it wasn't intentional i just grab what i needed but do remember the album is for his mum so i wonder if that is why he is so calm.......mmmmmm! have to experiment i will spend the same amount of money when it is just for what ever, scrapbooking then see what he says.....hahahehe! very evil mind this time of night! geek
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:34 am

lol and hopefully he doesn't read your post....lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:42 am

OMW Jo!!!! If I did that I would not be spoken to for days!!!! And banned from ever scrapping again!

Actually, he has been pretty good about my scrapping this week. He has loked at all my LO's and has said he likes them all...even had a good giggle at my latest one (which I am about to upload)...so I think he might be getting better. As long as the housework gets done I think he is happy!
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://www.susehocking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am

lol.....tell like it or lump it suse...you need to be able to do something for yourself otherwise insanity has been know to creap over stay at home mum's....lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lali on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:21 am

tony has no idea how much I spend but he isn't silly...when I first started scrapping he took me to 2 scrapping shops and he paid for the lot 2 shops and over $200 later and his only comment was wow there isn't much in those bags is there, well those little bags are now a huge collection so I can imagine that he has made his own little calculations in his head lol
Lali
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile http://scrappingmad.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:05 am

well i think the difference is my hubby has scrapbooked before and has realized how addictive it is but with his remote control cars and remote control helicopters and the parts that go with it cost a fair bit to so i think it is a mutual thing .......i don't mind and he don't mind......but we both agree if the house work is done which if it is going to be a hobbie night on fri or sat night we tackle it together if i haven't finished and the kids have everything they need and we have everything we need and the bills are paid and the savings account gets some every week well then why not ....but i still think he need's his head examined either way...LOL! Suspect
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kirsten on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:17 am

I dont spend too much money per week on stuff, probably $10 - $20. I keep telling myself I wont spend money each week on scrappin, i havent been too bad. bought my first stuff from an online store this weekend, cause Ive been asked to be a guest DT. so i bought a little bit. and now i won a competition so i have some more money to spend at an online store. DH takes interest in my finished LOs. I ask him for ideas about titles etc. He is pretty good. Gets annoyed that I would rather be scrappin than spending time with him. .
kirsten
Just Learning

Number of posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top