want a spooky story ????

Go down

want a spooky story ????

Post by phatassphairy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:33 am

this is so sad and scary ......it beats the shit out of me why you would go swimming here ......even as kids we were taught ...you never go there even to look at it .........and this is why ......

The Babinda Boulders is not just a beautiful swimming hole, but the area also holds great significance for local Aboriginal people.

According to legend a beautiful girl named Oolana, from the Yidinji people, married a respected elder from her tribe named Waroonoo. Shortly after their union another tribe moved into the area and a handsome young man came into her life. His name was Dyga and the pair soon fell in love. Realizing the adulterous crime they were committing, the young lovers escaped their tribes and fled into the valleys. The elders captured them, but Oolana broke free from her captors and threw herself into the still waters of what is now known as Babinda Boulders, calling for Dyga to follow her. As Dyga hit the waters, her anguished cries for her lost lover turned the still waters into a rushing torrent and the land shook with sorrow. Huge boulders were scattered around the creek and the crying Oolana disappeared among them.

Aboriginal legend says her spirit still guards the boulders and that her calls for her lost lover can still be heard.

Devil's Pool has taken 15 lives since 1959. These victims have mostly been young men behaving carelessly who ventured too close to the deceptive currents and rocks. (only one has been a woman who was said to be built like a man ...a big German woman).......

there is warning signs up every where warning young men .....i tell you what ....it is soooo eerie when you even go to the road that leads into this place .....up you jack .....and when i was a kid there was a photo taken of the pool which was printed, when another body went missing ....and i swear you can see a face in the water .....and what is really weird is they never seem to find the bodies .....if they are lucky they find it maybe 3 days later ...but never before .....and the ses and divers have all looked in the places where it shows up

scary stuff hey ....just thought i would share this with you because a 23 year old fella went missing sunday arvo from the pool .......i am sure if you google it you will find out more ....
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: want a spooky story ????

Post by bumblebee on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:01 am

That's an amazing story. Where is Babinda Boulders though as I've never heard of it before?
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:24 am

it is just south of cairns .......about 1/2 hours drive ....Babinda is a small township and the boulders are beautiful, (swimming hole) ....but we go to behanna gorge or aloomba which is in between babinda and cairns .....never the boulders ...there other rock pools to swim in ...but they do have warnings and memorial plagues for some of the people who have died .........

was thinking it would be interesting to see where the moon was at when someone has lost a life ...as the aboriginals use moon and weather a messages from spirits ....
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:05 am

WOW this just gave me goose bumps how creepy....would love to just visit the place one day......TFS ...and great to have you back to Sammi....mwah
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down