COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

Go down

COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

Post by bumblebee on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:52 am

The chances to be naughty before Christmas hits are fast running out! drunken lol! santa So how is everyone going with their preparations? Have you put up the tree and made all of your cards? Bought/made all of your presents? Been out to catch and prepare the turkey?

Well I'm really on target....HAVEN'T put up the tree, made or sent any cards at all, barely started with the presents, DON'T know what day it is (except MASTERS CALLS ARE THIS WEEK - EEEEEEEEK! LOL) and have decided to have Mastadon instead of turkey this year. Bring on the fun and festivities. At least we know what little surprise Kim will get for Xmas!!! cheers
Santa'sHelperBuzzy x
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

Post by NicoleP on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:38 am

We have our tree up, brought a new one over the weekend and it's lovely, but of course with having a new tree came new decorations, and with Charlotte and Zac choosing them we've ended up with Pink and Blue.

Other than that nothing else is started/finished, we're not even going present shopping until a fortnights time.

24 days to go. rendeer
NicoleP
Just Learning

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-30

View user profile http://nmpomeroy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:50 am

I have two more gifts to buy and one to make....argghhh My grandparents are vistiong from over South Africa and they haven't been here in 15 years so I am makeing them a mini album of my kiddies so that they can have a catch up ...lol...then before they leave I am going to make them an album of their 6 months in OZ.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:03 am

The Xmas freight train is gaining speeeeeeeeed. Arrrrghhh so notttt ready still. At least the tree finally went up yesterday with all the kidlets Chrissy decorations make-and-takes from school over the years. Daggy but gorgeous and full of memories. I find it hard to part with them and they adorn the tree year in - year out.

I still have all the teacher's pressies to wrap and cards to write, more pressies to buy etc, usual end-of-year Xmas gumf letter to write and send. The prawns are in the freezer....

The mini-albums sound like a lovely idea Tina - I'm sure they'll appreciate them. You'll have a busy Xmas this year Nic with Deacon now. I don't know how you're managing with the tots, plus a small baby and study...At least Char and Zac now are at a gorgeous age for enjoying the whole Xmas experience.
santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:14 pm

wow everyone sounds busy!!! hope there are enough hours in the day for you all... my tree is up but the house is lacking the usual tinsel draped over every and any peice of furniture.. the ham is in the fridge, the turkey is out there somewhere in woolies freezer with my name on it.. most of the pressys are wrapped, still got a few more to get.... hummm gota do the food shopping yet, got most of the cards out... feel pretty ok but the christmas cheer is a bit slack... hope that kicks in!!
i did manage to do some scrapping today... yes i NEEDED that.. havent done a scrap of scrapping for days...if not weeks..my sanity....
anyway... happy holidays to you all..chill... dont stress...and if the going gets tough... the tough go scrapping!!xx
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:34 am

i am so off with the planets this year when it comes to the festive season and the usually habitual routines that go with it ...lol ,,,,i have done nothing ....and i still seem to not have any desire to do so ........but i will eventually ...even DH said to me yesterday ...are we putting up the Xmas tree???......when i get around to it yeah ...maybe ..lol....
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kim on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:57 pm

well our chrissy tree has been up since the 1st, presents wrapped, our freezer is jam packed so we dont have to visit the shops. Larsen is doing well and Addison has been busy with my hubby so im feeling ok about the day, hope you all have a good lead up to the day take care. ps even managed a layout for Larsen woo hoo
kim
Getting There

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:00 pm

wow kim sounds like you are doing better than me!! and with a new born to boot!! good on ya!!! i am sort of ok, but so lacking the chrissy cheer that i usually have... i hope to go out and see some lights some time soon.. does anyone have a good light display around near you that you go out and see? there are many in toowoomba.. worth the effort to go out and look at..
well keep cool, calm and collected...
merry christmas one and all!!
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:31 pm

You have to check out my blog and have a look at Sam learning to sing Jingle Bells... I know i am biased but it is pretty cute...

http://kris-krissys.blogspot.com/
Kris
Getting There

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:14 pm

oh that is very cute!! i must say the singer in the background sounds pretty cool too!!! merry christmas Kris...
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 am

Well 7 sleeps till Santa comes!!!
I should be more in the Christmas spirit but I am not.
This is really the first year Josh has full grasp on what Christmas is all about. Everyone sounds so busy with their preperations. And we are being real misers and we are doing NOTHING special on Christmas day. We have been invited but have said NOWAY........ We just want to spend time at home by ourselves letting the kids play with their new toys etc. That is enough for us!!
My parents bought Josh's Swing set here yesterday and I spent all day settting it up. I want to know how many ways I can put the legs on wrong!!!! I told Josh that it was a Christmas pressie and he said no mum that's silly it's my Birthday!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:40 am

We don't do anything on Christmas Day either.
We do Austrian Christmas Eve at my parents, in Wollongong, but then drive back to Sydney, so that the boys can wake in their own beds.
We usually go to Brett's parents at Taree for a holiday a few days after Christmas, but this year having Caden, I said no way !!! So they'll be here for dinner on Christmas Day. Fun LOL !!!

Cheers,
Michelle W
Just Learning

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 am

My family is quite large when u include all the uncle and aunties.....so every year since i was born xmas day has always been a huge lunch and get together...at one of the 3/4 families places....this year its at my parents house and i love it...i am lucky in the sense that our family has always gotten along really well so theres always alot of cheer....but yes this year i am lacking my usual full blown ecstacy in xmas...i think there has just been so much that has happened this year that i have been distracted Very Happy
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:44 am

Oh Tina Christmas day is your Birthday... That must have sucked big time as a kid!! So your parents were blessed with a Christmas Angel???
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:46 am

Well if all my family got together at Xmas there'd be a World War!!!! So luckily we don't and haven't for centuries....

Nah, we just do the pressies and pig-out thing at home, trashing the place with all the wrapping and ribbons everywhere. Plus we fit in the excitement of visiting my MIL who at 96 is right into the spirit of "Merry Xmas...where's my present?...I'm gonna die soon!....I'm not hearing very well today!....WHERE'S MY PRESENTS?....why don't you come visit me?....I'm ready to die now!..." So much fun to look forward to. LOL So I drape her in more tinsel, and stick reindeer antlers on her head and take piccies, let her have her pressies and nick off out of there before she loses the plot and complains about the dry turkey! lol!

Aaaaah Xmas....BRING IT ON.....WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO So looking forward to the groggy Prawn Salad!

PS LOVED your son singing Jingle Bells Kris...watched it several times...just priceless!
Buzzy xo santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:04 am

Arby babe my birthday is March the 20th...lol..but my son was born on the 30th of december so thats fun.... Very Happy Buzzy i would love to be a flie on the wallwhen u do that to your MIL ....how priceless....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:20 am

I'll have to post up a pic soon of her in her reindeer antlers that I took recently...she can't exactly see the camera very well, so I keep yelling "..THE WHISKY IS OVER HERE GRAN" lol. She can be a lot of fun when she's in the mood!
xo santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down