What gets your goat??

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: What gets your goat??

Post by Arby on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks Lizzy... That is a confidence boost!
Yeah I know what you mean about the noise thing... I am sure we annoyed heaps of people when we were renoavting! OOOPPPSS
I hate it when people have to have the music or TV up so loud that you don't need to worry about trying to watch TV yourself! Get a hearing aide people!!
Or people that let their dog out to run the streets.
There is a person 2 doors down that lets their dog poo on our elderly neighbours front yard. And we were just out walking our dog with Josh (2) and the dog came charging out acroos the street. Buddy (our dog) is a german shepard and is getting on in years and would defend us with no hesitation. But this dog is a BULL MASTIF. It has charged at us before but the Ranger says they can't do anything unless they see it out! By the time the Ranger gets here the owners have brung it in. My DH had to go to the house and get a bar so we could fend the dog off to get home!
GGGGGGGRRRRRRR
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:37 pm

We have some "roaming" dogs in our street too !
They are not nasty dogs, but they do poo on our lawn, which I find really rude.
We have a dog, and we don't let him poo on their lawns or let him roam the streets !!!

I am actually quite frightened of dogs (was attacked on the way home from a birthday party as a kid - needless to say that dog got the birthday cake !) In high school, I used to walk or ride about 1km out of my way, just to avoid a charging type dog ! Shocked

Something else that gets my goat is HUGE shopping centre car parks, and only 4-6 spaces available for mums with bubs / prams !!!
I was at the shops last week, and the gap was so tight between my car and the next, I had to put the baby in from the other side !

Anyway, I'll stop now LOL Laughing

Cheers,
Michelle W
Just Learning

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:43 pm

and while i think of shopping centres, is it me or are the aisles gettting smaller?? you can hardly get past with trolleys, and if they leave boxes of stuff in the aisle also, it is a real pain...that gets on my goat...
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lali on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:55 am

Oh Michelle I hear you about the parents with pram parking and what really get my goat is when people with obviously no baby car seats in the back still park there, believe me I have left my share of nasty notes in windscreens
Lali
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile http://scrappingmad.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:21 am

You know what gets my goat when people steal people's wallets and they especially target mums with kids in tow because they know they will be distracted.....had my wallet oinched out of my bag yesterady arvo...very angry and annoyed. This is the second time in a year...last x-mas the same thing happened and I had the whole x-mas saving's in there 550 bucks seriously pissed.....I was so upset and angry...that time my wallet was handed back in with no money of course....I am hoping the same happens here....hoping...
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:39 am

AAHHH Tina that really bites. I hate it when people think they can help themselves to stuff that is not theirs. What a pain to have to cancel cards etc as well. I had my wallet pinched when I was at work about 18 years ago! (I am old hey) and it only had about $15 in it but that was not the point.

I hope you at least get the cards etc. back. Did you report it to the police? Maybe if you get it back they can do a finger print thing and catch the little suckers. I never leave my handbag anywhere besides my shoulder.
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:42 am

Lali wrote:Oh Michelle I hear you about the parents with pram parking and what really get my goat is when people with obviously no baby car seats in the back still park there, believe me I have left my share of nasty notes in windscreens

I have seen people get out of their cars with a sticker on the car but no baby no seat etc. and toddle off into the shop. I say "wow what a cute baby you have, must be hard looking after it it is such a fiesty little thing!'
Don't leave a note for them next time tell security and they can get a fine! Or carry a tin of shaving cream and smear their widscreens with it!! hehehehe
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:13 am

Oh no Tina! That's awful - especially at this time of year. My bag never leaves my shoulder either. I don't give the buggers any chance at all.
I've found bags that have been dumped after they've obviously been stolen with no cash etc, but the owners were always grateful to get them back with something rather than nothing. I really hope that 'Karma' gets the sods one day. Hope you can replace all that was in it.

In the first couple of months my Jess was working at Big W in town she had her wallet stolen, then later her mob phone and cash on a separate occasion. Some temporary worker gained access to the storage areas. It happens a lot apparently. Management had their suspicions but didn't have proof so no-one was caught. She's even been stolen from while in class at school from another visiting school. It's getting harder to trust people.

My Angus8 has autism and we often need to use a Disability parking space. I get so p'd off at the idiots who think they can use these spots just so they can park closer to the shops. No respect or thought for others who might genuinely have a need for the space. And ditto Lali, I too have left many a note on someone's windscreen. I've also 'decorated' a few cars with the lovely roll of toilet paper I keep in the car for those 'emergency' situations.....whatever the emergency!
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:09 am

WOW !!! You girls are on the ball ! I would never have thought to do shaving cream or toilet paper Shocked, but I like it !!! Very Happy Twisted Evil

Tina, sorry to hear your unfortunate news. I hope the situation can be rectified quickly, and without too much hassle for you.

Cheers,
Michelle W
Just Learning

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lali on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:18 am

Tina that is terrible...all I can say is Karma hope that peson gets what is coming to them...Arby you are evil HE HE HE and I like it lol
Lali
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:41 am

Oh Tina, so sorry to hear that. I hope you get it back soon
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:57 pm

thanx ladies...well got my wallet back empty though...they shoved it in a box and when the night packers unpacked, they handed it in.....still annoyed that the money was taken...but at least i don't have re-organise my cards and stuff.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:05 pm

That's some small comfort at least Tina to get your wallet back. x
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:09 pm

thanx hon...definitly cheering that i got it back but still annoyed at the fact that it was stolen...oph well i suppose shite happens.... silent
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:18 pm

It's a minor crime in the scheme of things but it's horrible because its so personal and sorry it happened to you - especially at this time of year. But hopefully Karma WILL get them.

There's an awful lot of opportunistic crime around now, and wallets and handbags are taken for Xmas top-up cash. Our local Coles staff told hubby and me that Tuesday mornings are the worst time for theft (handbags and goods) in their shops. They're not sure of the significance of Tuesdays. (We're normally Monday shoppers but this week it's tomorrow. I'm forever telling people not to leave their bags unattended! People are far too trusting.) Hope you have a really wonderful Xmas to make up for this. x
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:29 pm

I am so glad you got it back Tina. When I go see John Edward next weekend I will find out who took it!!! If only it was that easy. Hopefully they will get what is coming!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Tuesday is pension (sp?) day

I get my Family payments on tuesdays
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:15 am

Yep that would be it....though i get mine on friday...whew....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:01 am

Morning all. Well...hubby and I are off to do the ...um...Coles shopping this morning...and if any pesky little thieves are out for my bag...let's just say they'll encounter the man-eating python in there. Plus I tossed in a 3 metre saltie croc just for good measure!!!! Snap! Merry Xmas!

Very Happy
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:27 am

Buzzy they wouldn't dare come near you anyway!!!! With that sting of yours! hehe
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lali on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:22 pm

This time of year brings out the best and the VERY WORST in people
Lali
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 pm

That's so true Lali, and LOL Arby, re sting in the tail. x
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 am

I hate it when you clean up and put stuff 'away' And then you can't find it!!! I am trying to find the cable that connects my camera to the computer but do you think I can... NO! And I have the Recycle LO challenge LO to put up.....
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:13 am

YYYIIIPPPPEEEE I found it where I put it days ago when we moved the Computer... Hanging on the door knob to keep it safe so I would know where it was....
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:10 pm

oh look it is those SAFE places that become the hardest to find i reckon!!
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3