Major Comps... Masters, Elite etc...

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Major Comps... Masters, Elite etc...

Post by Arby on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 am

Well I had a strange dream that when my sub turned up the photos were in black and white and they were soooooo small you had to get out a magnifying glass to see them!! It was my punishment for thinking bad things about the mag!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:22 am

wow i am in awe of all of you.. way out of my league that is for sure.. be proud of yourselves girls, all the stuff i have seen is awesome,, huge pats on the back to you all...whether the mag prints your work or not, your family has these precious masterpeices for ever and that is where the value lys!!
well done girls..
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:29 am

Hey Lizzy that would be nice.... When I told my DH that the keepsake I made him got into the Masters mag... He said huh what keepsake!! And there you go.. a memorable keepsake!! But I di agree with everything you say.... If you have seen the work that was left out it seems almost criminal....And no matter what we should be scrapping to suit ourselves not what the mags want!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:35 am

yeah i got the latest SC and i flipped through it and i wont tell you what i thought...but i see better work on this gallery!! hey arby i seem to be chasing you.. i am on the chat box if you wana chat..
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:31 pm

LOL Arby....is that why I haven't found mine in the mag lol! ...I need a magnifying glass................and I LOVED your paintbrush keepsake..just AWESOME!

Thanks for your comments Lizzy, but your work is gorgeous and you are NOT out of the league for these comps! You could have all that agony and ecstasy that goes with it...hehehe. It's worth a try at least once and you get some great creations out of it all.
Buzzy x santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:05 pm

Well I got my mag today at 5.. poor postie.. He hates christmas...
And I do have to say after seeing Buzzy's work and Nic's.... I am at a complete loss as to why they were not in th HM's at least. Not to take away from what the others did but.... Man you two guys were way better than some of what was in there. Alice being only 18 I think had the best entry from the picked Masters....
I want to see Tina's stuff her Calendar was awsome and I loved it!!! I am not so embarressed by my work now. It was not tooooo bad!!
And ladies the paint brush was not done justice!! When I can I will upload some more photos of it so you can see what it really looks like!!

I was not over inspired by what was in the mag. But then Art is in the eye of the beholder!! My eyes just don't see the same things that the judges did!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lis782 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:44 am

i am yet to see the mag might get it this week when i feel better (i have the flu, feels like my head weighs a ton), anyway how long did you get to enter just wondering cause i would like to give it a go next time don't think im up to scratch but still something i'd like to attempt anyway, maybe by then ill have my mojo back, and a few bright ideas...
lis782
Just Learning

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:18 am

This year it was only about 10 weeks I think!! But it might be different next year. Hey give it a go. It is all a bit of fun..... Well until they don't do very good photos!!!! LOL
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 am

Nic your stuff was absolutely Superb loved you single...just ingenious....and everything else was just amazing ...I can't believe that you didn't at least get an HM...

Arby thanx hon...I will be uploading my stuff in the forum at the end of the week...though I don't actually see what a few days early would hurt...lol

Lizzy babe your work is beautiful...it is such a different style and i think that if you gave something like this a go...you may be surprised.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks Arby for your towers of support and all your encouragement! Very Happy Thank goodness we do it for ourselves first and foremost and LOVE what we do anyway. It helps to be a bit of a masochist Lis when it comes to these comps LOL Very Happy. But entering stretches your abilities and gives you wonderful work at the end. I hope you're feeling better now Lis.

Having had a good look at the Master's mag now it's hard to be sure what the criteria was for selecting the winning entries. I've seen so many stunning and amazing creations on blogs where the creators never even got shortlisted. And for the life of me I can't work out why NONE of Nic's got an HM. Some of us like to spend an exhorbitant amount of $$$, time and effort on these comps for no guarantees at the end LOL. It's worth the journey though regardless of outcome. Good luck with it all.

LOVED YOUR CALENDAR Tina. Just beautiful and a lovely idea. I will post some of mine up later when I take better photos. The ones I sent in were very dark - just not the things I might be subbing.
Buzzy xo santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Heya ladies hope you have all had a great day...not me woke up with food poisoning joy...grrr...anyway the mag is apparently on sale...so i have uploaded my entry here :- http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=52354&l=acce1&id=574752662 hope u guys find it ok
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:44 pm

hey i got the masters scrapbooking memories mag today from big w in toowoomba... what can i say?? tina yours was fabulous... and yes what is the criteria for the judges?? what the girls did was really good, but my hubby looked at them and said that i could have done that too.. well i dont know that i could have, i need the imagination to do different things..
but certainly a lot of work and a lot of money in materials i would say too..
well done to you who put entries in.. i am off to look at your blog tina.. i was looking for your name in the front, i fully expected to see it as i think you are a master anyway no matter why that mag says!!
i still think the scrappers on this site are masters in their own right!!
thanks buzzy and tina for your vote of confidence to me.. means a lot..
lisa i hope that cold goes away.. keep up the fluids and hope you get some rest.. and tina hope your tum is better soon too..
well done fellow scrappers!!!
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:55 pm

oh my goodness.. i have just looked at your facebook tina.. i am speechless... your work is magnificent...all that work... it is all so beautiful... i cant find the words to say about it... i love it all.. and cody is a very lucky girl to have such a personal and beautiful keepsake from her mum who loves her so much... all i can say is i think what you have done is just fabulous and totally worthy of winning.. dunno how come you werent in the top 10...beats me that is for sure...
be so proud of yourself tina... you are a master in my eyes, and i am sure in the eyes of many other scrappers...
just beautiful ..... well done...
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:25 pm

I only got my mag today, and I have to say totally not inspired, and what they gave HM's too. Razz mmmm some don't deserve the words. LOL. mean much.

Saw alot of the LO's have been based on sketches and while there is nothing wrong with that I would prefer to see original design work and the most shocking one of the singles I have seen posted in one of the girls gallery's about 2 months before the Competition was even announced, thought it was supposed to be new and unseen work??????????

And thanks girls for your gorgeous comments, and congrats to you for getting HM's I love you
NicoleP
Just Learning

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-30

View user profile http://nmpomeroy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:34 pm

I am even more convinced now after seeing your entry Tina that they are on drugs... What is it with them. That is by far one of the best entries I have ever seen... Shit ( can I say that???) I think that it has been an abosolute strange year!! And after seeing what I have seen this year I am never going to enter that comp again!!!
Between Tina , Buzzy and Nic..... I am so shocked and even more disappointed. I think the mag is as Lizzy said not very inspiring. Even my keepsake looks like crap in the mag. Trust me it is better in real life.
Girls I wish we could all speek out and say what we think without SM getting all silly about it! I want to know what is behind the choices they made! After seeing those that missed out I think that I would give away my HM to see any of the work that you 3 girls have done in the mag ahead of me!!
BAFFLED is what I am!!!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 am

I agree with you Arby !

Tina your work is truly outstanding... I thought your calendar was fabulous too !

Nic, it is supposed to be unseen work, and if what you've said is correct, then that is in breach of the competition rules. Not that, that seems to count for much these days.

Cheers,
Michelle W
Just Learning

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:51 am

Thanx so much ladies, means alot to me...I haven't seen the mag yet so i can't comment but from what i have heard from u guys and around the grape vine there is alot of shocked scrappers out there and i am not just saying that for myself....there are alot of others that can't believe that others they new should of been masters over the ones chosen....

Arby i know how you feel...i wish they would specify what exactly they will be looking for when they write up the conditions....I know that i put my heart and soul in those pieces, even though it was hard especially considering what i was going through...but at least i have these trully beautiful and unique mementos to look at forever....and i am really glad that i did that album for Cody because theres alot of meaning in that album..from a mother to a daughter.....

Nic i reckon that if u could possibly prove that the lay-out was up...then i would complain...because that is dissapointing to know that they set rules and people don't follow...especially if they win...very annoying.. Neutral
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:21 am

I'm ummming and ahhhhing over saying something, I have the LO on my computer - saved it when I saw it cause I thought it looked cool AND I linked it up when I was chatting to a friend about it. So she has seen it also.

It's just a hard call to make. iykwim
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:41 am

Hey Nic can you send me the link I would love to have a look!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:31 am

LOVED YOUR ENTRY TINA! Just stunning. The album for Cody is beautiful and I'm sure she'll love it as precious memento all her life. Love the detail in it and the transparency hearts. So much textural detail in all of your pieces and lovely heartfelt journalling. One can only imagine what criteria was used for the comp this year.

I allowed myself some initial disappointment but I'm OK now. The more I see of the entries (both shortlisted and not) the more I realise there is no understanding except for those who have done the judging. There is so much beautiful work out there that didn't get officially acknowledged, but I don't think that takes away from the inventiveness, beauty or creativity of each individuals entry. And what those entries have meant to their creators.

It does make you think twice though about whether to put all the effort in. Regardless of outcome though, the benefit of entering is that it pushes you outside your usual limits and gives you wonderful creations at the end to treasure, for yourself and/or family/friends. And it helps keep the industry going too LOL
Buzzy xo santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:33 am

Hi Nic, well how intriguing is that news? Can't say I'm surprised though, and I understand the reluctance to pass on such info. Would cause a helluva mess, or maybe SM would simply choose to hush it and overlook the whole thing for the sake of everyone involved though. They'd prefer to try and keep the peace. Some comp entrants though wouldn't be very happy though knowing one of the winners was someone who 'broke' the rules.
Buzzy santa

Last edited by bumblebee on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better clarity on wording re SM.)
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lis782 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:09 am

hey just bought the mag the masters are good but none really seem completely outstanding to me but what can you do? congrats to them i guess, i happen to prefer some of the hm's myself, there are some very clever people out there, good on them... Smile
lis782
Just Learning

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:10 am

Yeah Nic i do understand what you mean...its a hard thing to sit on...but you could possibly do it anom.... so that no one knows, i doubt any-one here would say anything and i could delete your posts so that random visitors wouldn't find out either...(including this post and any other parts of posts that mention it...just let me know if you want that... Wink
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:45 am

well I'm still debating, just going to have a look at her gallery and see if it's still there
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 am

It's been deleted, thought as much.

Still debating though
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top