Major Comps... Masters, Elite etc...

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Major Comps... Masters, Elite etc...

Post by Kris on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 am

Well done ladies... Very clever little chicky babes, Arby and Michelle are you allowed to put a photo of your piece in the gallery?? So we can have a looksey... Very Happy
Kris
Getting There

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:44 am

Hey Michelle I did not want to say anything unless you knew already but...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't wait to see it.
Kris they said we can't post until the mag is out but I think it sucks as we don't get paid for it and they really have not bought the rights! I do know someone that has a HM and has put her whole entry on her blog!
Thanks ladies!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:16 am

I put all mine up last night thinking now that all of the cats were out of said bags it would be fine ... only to find that message this morning, that it shouldn't be done until next month ! I have seen a few though that have done it anyway !

Did anyone notice in some of the comments, that the masters have been sitting on this for over 2 weeks ???
That's not the first week in Dec - definitely some furphies were told - well that's my take on it anyway !

And... if anyone's interested (I obviously have way too much time on my hands LOL), did you know that of the 40 remaining Top 50 girls, only 33 were given HM's. I think it's pretty sad that those 7 people could not be accommodated... I know some of the them, and I do find it difficult to believe !!!

Roll on Masters 2009 ! lol!
Michelle W
Just Learning

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:47 am

Hey Michelle... I have caused a stir at SM anyway!! hehehehe I asked Cassie why HMers were not paid like they would be if they were published in a normal issue! And I was told it was an Honour to be a HMer all on it's own! Well I would rather the $60 I would have got for my keepsake from a normal issue! Who the hell remembers a HMer anyway! If I asked anyone next year if I got a HM last year only my friends would know!! I am in 2 minds about doing it next year!
And I agree about the remaining Top 50 that never got a HM! Why only leave a few out?? Very rude I think. They virtually get the issue for free.. The Top 10 get the prizes from the sponsers and the HMers get diddly! Not even a free mag!!
It would not hurt them to add a few pages and include everyone! At least last year when they had Top 100 a lot more misssed out so it was not so noticable!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:15 pm

So we don't get a Masters mag this year for being a contributor ????
Well that has changed since 2006. That year I received a contributors copy of the mag for my HM's.

I can so understand where you're coming from about payment.
If the sponsors are donating approx $30,000 in prizes for the 10 Masters, what would it be to donate perhaps another couple of hundred dollars each, and give every HM'er a $50 prize pack or similar. I don't think that would take the shine off the Masters comp at all, and may in fact encourage more participants ???

Anyway, just a few thoughts LOL !!!

Cheers,
Michelle W
Just Learning

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:45 pm

Congrats to you girls that got the HM's I was one of the 7 who didnt' get in the mag at all. Sad

My entry in on my blog if anyone wants a look
NicoleP
Just Learning

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-30

View user profile http://nmpomeroy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Interesting debate and I'll contribute my 2.5 cents worth tomorrow when I'm thinking straight. I'm in the group with Nic! I'd love to check out your entry Michelle when I get a chance. Can't believe Nic you didn't get at least 2 HMs for yours - it's more than Master's worthy. Scrap-politics at work...
Buzzy x
bumblebee
Well on your way

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:15 am

NicoleP wrote:Congrats to you girls that got the HM's I was one of the 7 who didnt' get in the mag at all. Sad

My entry in on my blog if anyone wants a look

I left some love on your blog Nicole.
As I said there, I am stunned.
Surely one of them was worthy of inclusion ! (Probably all of them !!!)

Congratulations though on such beautiful and detailed work.

Cheers,
Michelle W
Just Learning

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:58 am

Well what makes it even more frustrating is that there were only 5 in the end. I am stunned that both of you never got anything. I was wondering if either of you thought about the possability of an offer from SBM that involves somthing else? I know I might be fishing but prehaps because of the standard that never made it in that they actually have somthing else in mind... Cassie or was it Kristy did say "Stay Tuned" Anyway I think it is rotten what has happened and they really could have added a few extra pages and included everyone!!
Well ladies there is always teh Elite or Stars of scrap on Top 50 site!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:30 am

Thanks Arby! Only 5 not 7? I still hadn't worked out how many missed out on getting into the mag, but guessed it was about a handful. You have to wonder what is behind their reasoning to not leave out a few extra closeups of some HMs in order to squeeze the whole top 50 in. The goodwill in doing so would have been worthwhile for the mag and SM. And it would have gone a long way to show they're prepared to honour the hard work of ALL the top 50! It's obvious that the mag had space to accommodate it. Is it just me or does it seem a bit 'pointed' not to have done so?

I don't know what Cassie's "Stay tuned" could possibly refer to. Maybe just posting the list of the HMs perhaps? I very much doubt it will have anything to do with those shortlisters not printed in the mag, but I could be wrong.

Other observations: LOTS of rejects in the last few months prior to the masters decision (some quickly snapped up by other mags!). Commissioned feature work due to appear in the issue just prior to the Masters! etc

I do think that all HMers should be given a complimentary copy of the Masters - at the very least. There is probably a very fine line between the top 10 winners and the few below them 'who just missed out' on a top spot. No-one denies we enter these comps knowing the rules and the drill and accepting those conditions. But this is what 'goodwill' is about. Any successful business understands how important it is, and it can be applied across many areas.

Payment has not been a motivator for me, but I can understand why it is an issue for some given the costs involved in the comp - both financial, time-wise and emotionally.

I say WELL DONE to ALL who entered - no matter the final outcome. I'm curious to see the results of the Elite now, and still thinking about the other one.
Cheers,
Buzzy Very Happy cheers santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:05 am

bumblebee wrote:Interesting debate and I'll contribute my 2.5 cents worth tomorrow when I'm thinking straight. I'm in the group with Nic! I'd love to check out your entry Michelle when I get a chance. Can't believe Nic you didn't get at least 2 HMs for yours - it's more than Master's worthy. Scrap-politics at work...
Buzzy x

OMG your kidding mate. are you going to be putting up your entries somewhere. would love to see what you did Very Happy
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:09 am

lol, I was thinking that the 'stay tuned' part was their announcement of the Master's list.

Did any of you leave me an Anon comment on my blog. I'm dying to know who it was.
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:43 am

Well I left a comment ....... don't normally do that sort of thing. Only at the Scraploot blog...
Just heard and interesting thing about being able to tell if you are a Master or they are just fobbing you off. If you get shortlisted... and then they ask you to do a challenge of anysort then you may as well kiss the Masters goodbye!! I got it the past 2 years and I know at least 3 others that it happened to as well!!
Very interesting. Should spread the word so next year if they get the call and then get a product challenge then they know!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:49 am

was wondering if that was you Smile Thanks for the comment

hmmmm challenges well, I know plenty of the Masters that were asked to take part in challenges within about 2 weeks of phone calls being made for the Top 50. Think they had pretty much decided before they asked us to send in our projects.
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle W on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:05 am

I knew I wasn't in the running when they asked me to do the Sketch Challenge for issue 10.12 - well, not unless for 2009 they were getting the Masters to do them LOL !!!

Cheers,
Michelle W
Just Learning

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:47 am

I am going to be one of the Elite anyway!!! HAHAHAHAHA LOL OMG I am living in a dream world!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaah Sorry ladies I will wake up now!!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:01 am

Well, you never know Arby, it just might REALLY happen!!! In the meanwhile, I'm really happy to have a few things on offer with them. Very Happy

Heya Nic,
As for my Master's entry - I don't think it's in your league (mine wasn't really that innovative). I don't currently have a blog, and as I'm considering subbing a couple of the pieces from it I won't be showing it anywhere - at this stage anyway. With any luck I'll get a bit of it picked up - here's to optimism!!! Very Happy

My Single incorporated an actual art palette with textured paints, a paintbrush and attached transparent mini album. My double included a mini book, handmade paper curtains and a stylised crystal ball. Keepsake was a 2-piece set of a large canvas and matching mini-album and my Calendar was a conventional rectangle shape that included numerous hand-made felt embellies and seasonal photos with exchangable calendar components. I still love what I did and can't wait to use my Calendar. I put masses of work into all of it and still feel it was worth the challenge in the long run.
Cheers, Buzzy x santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:05 am

sounds awesome Buzz. would love to see it. you can always email me. LOL.

Ahhh whinging kids who wants them.

have a great day ladies
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 am

Doesn't anyone care about my rejected stuff!! Oh the shame rejected by SM and now my scrapping peers!! I will hang my head! LOL
I wouldn't show anyone anyway. Way too embarressed about it all!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:20 am

Bugger me Arby! Yours is GORGEOUS and I HAVE SEEN IT. cheers cheers cheers No hanging your head in shame. Yours was fab and INNOVATIVE and you know what I think of it and you anyway. (I've had my PPP and I'm over it, but we all have the right to one given recent events LOL.) Don't sell yourself short sweets. Big hugs and squishies. MWAH Buzzy xxoo Very Happy santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:32 am

Arby wrote:Doesn't anyone care about my rejected stuff!! Oh the shame rejected by SM and now my scrapping peers!! I will hang my head! LOL
I wouldn't show anyone anyway. Way too embarressed about it all!!

Yeah I would love to have a lookie too. Come on now, at least your one up from us hey you got a HM Very Happy
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:46 am

WHAT are you talking about Arby, you gotta show...no need to be ashamed at all....you made it to the Top 50 and that alone is superb and now also a HM....hold your head up in Pride because even if you hadn't made it to Top 50 you tried and that goes for every-one else that tried to...and huge CONGRATS to every-one who did make Top 50 an achievment in itself ....HM just AWESOME.........

Well I do think it's wrong that they haven't included all the Top 50, how hard would it have been to acknowledge 5 more people some got two HM's....and yes i do belive that if the HM did recieve even a small prize pack it would definitly increase the comp entry....as well as comp spirit.....

I also got an HM on my calender can't wait to see it in print.....especially next to yours Arby....WOOT

Nicole whats your blog addy ...gotta go and check out your work...can't wait....and Buzzy hiya glad you stuck around hon...mwah...put your work up in the gallery.....so i can have a geez to....lol

Very Happy
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arby on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:39 am

Tina CONGRATS ON YOUR CAL!!!! Can't wait to see it!! I hope the postie brings my mag today!!!!
Arby
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:14 am

Hiya Tina!!! Nice to see you back again and a HUGE CONGRATS on your Calendar HM! (Got my copy on the 9th!) Hope things are better and more settled for you now at home and with the kids. It can't be easy going through all of that.

I'm over my initial disappointment and I'm OK with it all. It's only a competition and I'm happy that I gave it my best shot (just not innovative enough). I'm still stoked anyway to have made top50. Besides, I received 2 HMs last year so if I average them out then its one per year LOL. Very Happy I won't be posting them up in the gallery at this point though because I'm hoping to sub 1 or 2 components of the entry. IMO SM could have accommodated ALL top 50 in the mag, but then controversy sells and maybe they were under instruction from the powers that be. Who knows. Onwards and upwards....
Cheers, Buzzy x santa
bumblebee
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleP on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:41 am

Tina Head Lady wrote:

Nicole whats your blog addy ...gotta go and check out your work...can't wait....and Buzzy hiya glad you stuck around hon...mwah...put your work up in the gallery.....so i can have a geez to....lol

Very Happy

Hey Tina, my blog addy is
http://nmpomeroy.blogspot.com

and congrats on the HM, I'm still impatiently waiting for my sub to turn up. Evil or Very Mad
NicoleP
Just Learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top