Newbie from Facebook!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie from Facebook!

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:01 am

I found this forum from the Facebook group created by Crestina Drew, "Scrapbook...did you say Scrapbook?" I'm a fairly new scrap booker, been doing stuff on and off for the last couple of years, started off doing Creative Memories and the very basic layouts but this year I've broadened into the lumpy bumpy stuff!

Other than that, I'm a 22 yr old, stay-at-home mum with two kids - Lachlan 3 years and Lily 10 months and my fiance is in the RAAF.

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie from Facebook!

Post by *Anthea* on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 am

Hi and welcome!!!

I am also a SAHM with 3 boys, and hubby is in the Navy!!!

looking forward to seeing some of your work
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 am

Hi, how are you???? glad you have found us and welcome to what we like to call the crazy train........I am happy that my group is working...lol...Your kids are adorable....and can't wait to get to know you better...
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Okay so I've figured this forum out now and I've been checking out everyone's work - man, mine sucks compared to all you guys!

I've uploaded some of my projects into my Photo Gallery but mine aren't nearly as good as the one's on here. I guess you could say I scrap on a budget because I don't use that much stuff yet. It's so expensive to go out and buy heaps of stuff for one page. All my scrapbook stuff fits into one trolley - I'm guessing most of you have a whole room full of stuff!

I have entered my canvas that i did of my son into the week 3 comp though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:02 pm

lol....I was going to write in the earlier post ...but don't even go there with explaining yourself away babe, we all start at the beginning and I was exactly like you when I started...in fact it wasn't until a year after I sdtarted scrapping that I even picked up a magazine and it wasn't till last year that I learnt all the brands....or started....lol...I found that the best way to improve on a budget or not is to do challenges, I found that you were constantl;y pushed out of your comfort zones and in effect made you learn new techniques or styles...all good....

Well enough from me...lol...Off to have a geez at your GREAT WORK.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Okay so I've finally finished uploading my newest stuff! I don't scrap that much, maybe once or twice a week when I can fit it into the kids routine! I go to a Craft group on Wed mornings but don't usually get much done there (too busy talking).

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:27 pm

hey how are you! glad to see you joined ,welcome welcome welcome...!

i've only been scrapping for a couple of month's so hey don't worry about it, and besides we all go through the same thing you are now.....so brush it off .....and just pick these girls brains........!LOL! chat soon bye
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:29 am

Welcome!!! You will get very inspired here and get to the point where you just cant stay away!!!!
Cant wait to get to know you!! :-)
Felicity
Just Learning

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-13

View user profile http://www.herhand.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:24 am

hi there..nice to meet you on this very inspiring site..
i have been scrapping about 2 1/2 years, and still feel like a beginner!!
being on a scrap site, reading the mags, seeing what others are doing are all ways i have learnt about scrapping..
the bottom line is... there are no rules...this is art.. and how you create will change as time goes on..
personally i reckon you are off to a great start..wonderful work you have put up on the gallery..be encouraged..all the peices you do will be treasured and be absolutely priceless..
look forward to sharing this scrapping journey with you..xx lizzy
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:08 am

a big phairy welcome:cheers: hug from me .......(aka Sammi )

well i am an addict ...lol..it started about 14 years ago when i was preg with my son at a crafty kids card making party((((do they even have them still???))) ....then onto creative memories ...and then onto ..mags ...then onto cyber land ...and i was hooked .....lol...but please always do you show and tell LG's Mum ....cause no matter what level it is on ....we addicts love it ..and can find an ewwwww or an arrrrrrhhhh to draw from every lay out

anyhoo i will now stop my (craving for adult conversation) rant ....and say see about the traps Hun .....mwhoa
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by my5bratz on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:14 am

welcome aboard from another "newbie"..don't ever worry about how yours looks compared to everyone else's we all have to start somewhere...I just had this conversation with my dil as she is just starting out and was too embarrassed to show me her los....so I showed her my first los..and they are embarassing..lol...I lived out bush and there were NO supplies and I started out on coloured A4 photocopy paper and no embellies Embarassed ..the important thing is that they are made with love by you as treasured memories for your family..thats all that matters Smile
my5bratz
Getting There

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top