Man help me....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man help me....

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 am

lol...My dear daughter Cody is in stage this week where she just will not leave me alone and she is putting on this real sooky act....crying at everything....aaaarrrr it's starting to drive me insane....I can't even get 5 minutes to myself ATM....like right now she whinning at me because she doesn't want to eat her breakky, but she wants to eat chocolate bici's....like no.....but yeah first thing this morning and yesterday .....help....lol...
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Man help me....

Post by *Anthea* on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:25 am

oooo I dont know Tina, when mine went through that I learnt pretty quickly to ignor their bad behavour and reward the good, but maybe it is an attention thing also?

with the eating that could help, but saying that we have just gone through a week where my oldest has hardly eaten and last night we discovered a lot of his left over lunches on the floor of his room, baby emptied them out of his school bag.

hope you can find something that works for you
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:56 am

lol....yeah same goes with the paying attention to the good behaviour and ignoring the bad to a degree anyway...lol....It's just driving me insane.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lali on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:37 am

Sounds like my Casey all day everyday she is a whinner but she does it for attention but I just ignore it (when I can that is otherwise I scream at her...bad bad mother lol), Anthea...my 2 youngers ones survive with scrapsIYKWIM they hardly eat a thing but they are so fit and full of energy how do they do it
Lali
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile http://scrappingmad.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:44 am

i know what you mean.....Cody has on weeks and off weeks lol...some weeks she eats constantly and others she barely touches a thing.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:38 am

what pisses me off the most is that he picks what he wants in his lunch, and to find not only is he not eating it, but leaving it in his bag for baby to find later on. It could be that he was sick, granted, but really, if you aint going to eat it let me know after the fact, not a week or more later
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:01 am

lol....how old is he...The last thing you need is a baby eating off food...lol..aaahhh the joys....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:36 am

that my oldest, 6, this is what you have to look forward to!! lol
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 pm

LOL thats why i asked with cody the way she is ATM i didn't want an extra thing....lol...actually she ended up tonning down the attitude today so that was a relief....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:32 am

thats good to hear
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:39 am

oh dear kids are the same everywhere..
for cody i would get some kids vitamins, make sure she is having some outside run around time - always makes kids hungry..i believe healthy kids won't starve..always have fruit easily available..i would also worm her..i regularly worm my kids as we have pets and live in the country..
perhaps this is attention seeking behaviours, has this behaviour worstened since you started this site?
i am sure you are doing everything right.. but our kids can certainly push all our buttons.. i am looking after my 9 month old nephew and when i leave the room he screams..so yeah .. when we just want to dive on the computer or have "OUR" time is when the kids seem to be at their worse..
if parenting was going to be easy why did it start with LABOUR???!!
haha.. just know you are not alone..hope this helps..
xx lizzy
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:25 am

good advice girls, lizzy my son lacks in a few vitamin's and to cut a long story short he has been on vitamin's the last 2 month's and boy what a change, just a quick bit of info........his low calcium levels causes hyperactivity anddecreases the immune system there for that is why i can't get rid of his bad eczema on his body, his low lithium causes mood swings, phobias, withdrawal,his low magnesium causes insomnia , his low selenium causes the mercury levels to rise and that also affect's the absoption rate of calcium and magnesium which he is also lacking, the increased levels of mercury and cadmium affects the calcium and his low vitamin b6 causes less absorption of calcuim and magnesium.......so in saying that if i had known 2 yrs ago life would have been alot easier for example dylan has never sleeped a after noon sleep since he was 14 months old and has never slept through the night even now! but now he has learnt to deal with it it ain't so bad so more sleep for me.....yeah! the tantrum's could go on for hour's and to get him to sleep could take 4 to 5 hours but hey you through it, so tina vitamin's or something might help! you can only give it a try! but if it is attention getting usually but, not all the time, it is usually for a reason, so in saying that try working out a little schedule where you scrapbook and work and play and have the kid's time and see if that works obviously some thing's will have to be tweaked but that is what goes with schedules seeing what works and what doesn't or maybe better term is routine either way try that, i know with dylan we have have times through the day where we spend alot of time together and when he has his play alone time or sit and rest time, i try to do everything else but that doesn't work all the time sometimes your absolutely run off your feet like this month is for me, but eventually they get usd to it and if there is something they can do to join when you can't stick to the routine.....let them and if there bored they will go off and do some thing else ! then the next bit of free time sit down and play! well i'm typed out so hope that help's babe ......catch ya's later off to finish the house work! Very Happy
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:58 pm

I started Natti on kids vitamins when she was sick a few months ago, and man, what a difference. Her illness cleared up within 2 days and she now gets sick very rarely, which, considering she is at kindy 3 days a week is a miracle!

I am having the same thing with Natti Tina...doesn't want the normal healthy meals, says she is not hungry and 5 minutes later asks for junk! So annoying. And lately she is hungry constantly! "My hun-gry!" Is what I get all day log, but I think sometimes she says it because she gets bored easily.
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://www.susehocking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:49 pm

lol....You know my dad said that ...these days parents feel the need to have their children constantly stimulated, he reckons that parents should let their kids get bored so that they can get creative when they are bored ....find ways to stimulate and keep busy themselves instead of relying on other people and things to keep them entertained condstantly....I can relate in a sense because we all need time to just be...to e able to reflect and when you constantly busy ....you can't do that....

Don't ask where that came from....lol and how it relates to what you have all said just thought I would pop that in....lol...
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:50 pm

i agree with your dad.. kids these days have so much. when i think about what my kids had 20 years ago, compared with what you can buy for them these days.. it is amazing.. so much battery operated stuff, dvd's, computer games, play station..it is go,go, go..
i heard on the radio the other day this woman was saying that kids just need to be outside exploring, imagining and making their own games..
and i agree with that too.. where is the bushy plant that becomes the hidey hole, the tree to climb and then it becomes a pirate ship and everyone is hanging off the tree pretending to be in the deep jungles!!
i have a stash of old clothes that nisha just loves to dress up in.. she becomes the princess, the bride, the mother, the business women.. toys that become props for play are excellant..old hand bags, old high heel shoes, old dresses, even boys love to dress up if you have old work shirts from dad, a hard hat etc..
i know once a child goes to school and learns to read by themselves, this is just the best thing.. my kids have all been able to read, and they are never bored..if they ever say that "B" word, they get a job to do!!they soon learn not to come and nag at me..there is always something that needs tidying!!
anyway, hope this somehow helps!!
xx lizzy
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:24 am

but if our kids are nagging they are bored all the time then maybe they are not being taught to use there imagination's kid's need guidence into imagination, look at most but not all kids who are left to use there own imagination's if they are bored they can turn out to be quite the hooligan's to put it politly and usually end up vandelising public property!But honestly how can one child entertain themselves all the time, we are there parent's it is part of motherhood to play and entertain and teach but if we give mixed signals like go play something and amuse yourself, then what are they learning, when you do want to play and they aren't interested! all they learn is that mum only really want's to play when she is ready or got the time.
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:33 am

But then again, children also need to learn that they are not the centre of the universe. I think it is all a matter of balance. Yes, as a parent you do have the responsibilty to play with your kids, but you also have other parental responsibilities like making sure they are fed and that they live in a clean and healthy environment, and that means taking time out from the kids to do those things...there is a fine line.
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:52 am

well obviously, but all i'm saying is, they can't learn to play on there own unless taught how to do so, i'm not saying play with them 24/7, god nothing will get done but, most of us here have quite young children and honestly that's why i recommended a routine/schedule, i mean if i was like what you said then when would i have time to scrap whilst everything else included, but just want people to realize that even though it is ok for them to get over bordem on there own, sometimes we can be so consumed by what we are doing and forget that maybe whilst we have been doing whatever it is we are doing, that all that time they have been amusing themselves and it does get boring playing by themselves all the time!
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:21 am

Of course...I wouldn't leave them to their own devices all the time...that is just asking for trouble. I just reckon balance is the key...andyes, a routine is definitely something that needs to be in place. Like Tina said somewhere...I think on her butterfly whisperings blog, everyone craves routine...be it a little bit, or a lot...routine is good for everyone.
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:34 am

oh yeah definetly, totally understand. Very Happy
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:22 am

Speaking of routine...we have just changed Natti's again. Of course, the holiday routine went out the window and she was very good about it, but then Saturday night down at Fingal she went nuttso! It is probably partly because we were staying with my IL's and they just cave in to her every demand...very frustrating when you are trying to discipline and MIL steps in and just picks her up and takes her away...GGGRRRR!!! So we had a badnight that night. Anyways we are trying to wean her off her bedtime bottle...yes, I know, she is nearly 3 and way too old for a bedtime bottle, but it just worked for so long. She was weaned off it at 15 months, but then we went to South Africa for 6 weeks and she needed some comfort as we stayed somewhere different every night...haven't been able to get rid of it since. However, we have had 2 bottleless nights now...I am so pround of my munchkin. She just has a cup of milk before bed...we are winning...yay! I wanted her toilet trained and weaned off this bottle before bub comes and by gum, I think we have done it!

Sorry for the long post. drunken
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:19 am

goood for you suse....I know what you mean...I was of the same thig weaned Cody off the bottle by the time Anthony came...not that she was really on the bottle it was a sippy cup...but she was still having one before bed..so weaned her off that...but she was still to young to toilet train when Anthony came...so I wanted to wait for that ...then when Antthony was just a few months old she decided she wanted to train herself...so I had to keep up with that..plus a like 2 month old bub and unpack a house very hectic to say the least....lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:39 am

OMW Tina, I can imagine. Natti is tiolet trained except for nights now thank goodness. We are also going to be in the process of moving into our new house when bub comes, as well as Christmas, so I thought I would get it al out of the way.
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:31 pm

busy girl suse !
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff