Event week 3

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Event week 3

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:44 am

Hi ladies....well here is the rthird event....

Third Task :- Canvas Challenge

Requirements:-

Canvas can be any size
Go as Artsy as you possibly can
It can be any theme or style
Lots of textures, colours and mediums
Must have a photo on it

Now as you can see I have gone a bit wild on this one....lol....Your's can be anysize or dimmension....It can be the smallest canvas or the largest you can find.....but it must have a photo on it...

Good Luck....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Event week 3

Post by lizzyc on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:52 am

oh my tina...is that 4 triangle canvas's... this is amazing.. what a work of art...just beautiful..
i have never done a canvas, and so this will be a good reason to try one..
is there a special canvas to buy.. are the ones from the 'cheap' shops suitable?? someone told me they aren't acid free and what you put on them could peel off?? have you heard that??
this is amazing.. i am totally feeling challenged just thinking about it!!
xx lizzy
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:35 am

lol lizzy ...you can use those cheap ones...just as long as you use acid free glue...or prima....also I find the best thing to stick down paper and stuff to a canvas is decopauge or glaze and paste which you can get from Spotlight or generally any hard ware store...but I know that at spot light they make these things in acid free....so it's suitable for scrapping....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lali on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:42 am

Great challenge Tina...gorgeous example too girl
Lali
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile http://scrappingmad.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 am

very nice girl's hey and this is only the third challenge.......mmmmm! Suspect
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy_Jo on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 am

Oh, I am a bit excited about this one as I have had some canvas' for a while and haven't done anything with them yet. Yours is great Tina. I am not going to look at the gallery until after I have put mine up as I got a bit put off with the last challenge and didn't put mine up as it was a little plain I think compared to all the other absolutely gorgeous layouts. Hopefully will get this completed as all kids are better and back at school/ kindy.
Scrappy_Jo
Just Learning

Number of posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Binxcat1 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:34 am

Scrappy_Jo wrote:Oh, I am a bit excited about this one as I have had some canvas' for a while and haven't done anything with them yet. Yours is great Tina. I am not going to look at the gallery until after I have put mine up as I got a bit put off with the last challenge and didn't put mine up as it was a little plain I think compared to all the other absolutely gorgeous layouts. Hopefully will get this completed as all kids are better and back at school/ kindy.

Oh JO! Please don't worry about being "plain" compared to others! Sad I am sure everyone here will be supportive and encouraging of you! Razz

I'd hate to think you feel like this... go on girl... get in there and strut your stuff... the best way to get better is to step outside your comfort zone and give it ago... ok sorry for being a bossy cow... and didn't mean to sound patronising or condescending... but just wanted to share my experience with the same feelings... I mostly like my own scrapping now... but sometimes I do shite stuff that I hate and think people will think, "OMG! WHAT WAS SHE THINKIN'?"... affraid LOL... and I totally agree DO NOT go looking in the gallery until you are done and have UPLOADED! I find it VERY intimidating too and sometimes someone has beaten me to an idea I thought I had first and that I REALLY love so that stops me doing it (in case I look like a copy cat Shocked Embarassed)... if that makes any sense at all.

Please post your canvas... WE WANT TO SEE!
Oh and JFYI... I am CRAPPING myself... I have NEVER done a canvas... EVER! affraid So lord only knows what abomination I will be posting this week! LOL Wink

AWESOME Example Tina... very sultry, hot chickie mama! Wink
Binxcat1
Just Learning

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-24

View user profile http://satisfactionbroughtitback.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:32 am

lol...I agree with what AM said darl, don't not put your stuff up, and I will add we all started at the beginning and the only way to get up there is to keep going and trying new things....and I will also say that I have done plenty of lay-out's that I was not happy with and others have liked them better than the stuff I liked....so you have also got to remember that people have different tastes and like different styles so you just never know.....

Thanx Binxi...yeah this was an inspirational piece for myself.....I can't belive you have nevber done canvas....i actually think with your style that you will really enjoy it....

Last edited by Tina Head Lady on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:40 am

yes i think we all get like that sometimes! couldn't of said it any better!
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:57 am

Scrappy_Jo wrote:Oh, I am a bit excited about this one as I have had some canvas' for a while and haven't done anything with them yet. Yours is great Tina. I am not going to look at the gallery until after I have put mine up as I got a bit put off with the last challenge and didn't put mine up as it was a little plain I think compared to all the other absolutely gorgeous layouts. Hopefully will get this completed as all kids are better and back at school/ kindy.

Okay.. I am on my soap box.. but only for a few seconds Laughing

I totally am hearing what the girls have just said, I think we all go through this stage of comapring. I did it not long ago!! But when I am scrappping, I ALWAYS tell myself its for me and no one else, forget what the other thinks, you have to be happy. I honestly did not like my week 2 LO, but the day I did the double LO, I had a lot in my head and released it all via that LO and thats what it came too!! The next day, i wasnt fussed on it and still arent. But the comments you get are very encouraging. THink about how long you have been scrapping, your style and what your comparing too?........

Go Girl, we want your work too!!!
Sorry to lecture!!!
**Off my soap box** Rolling Eyes
Felicity
Just Learning

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-13

View user profile http://www.herhand.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 am

I see canavs, I think "cool" I see photo, I think "not so cool" LOL

I had something in mind till I saw you needed a photo there! LOL
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:26 pm

bright i love '''''''''''.........'''''''''''' canvas i crap !!!!!

and jo it's pretty brave of you to state how you are feeling .....i get what you mean .......i used to stalk forums for a fair while before i would even post a hello .....and i would try and do the challenges and never put them in the gallery .......cause i just felt i was not up to the people who float about

these days i feel so outside the scrapping square .....that i just have come to the conclusion that i am in a triangle ..(different and i shape that suits me)..and that is me and my style .....i love to scrap in bright colours ....there are many area's that freak me out ....but for me ...if it wasn't for challenges i wouldn't have learnt styles and tecniques .......Also i still feel embrassed or very under rated by some of the creativity of these chickies ...jo (or any other forum stalkers) i have come to realise ...these are my moments ...for my albums ....and the rest dosen't matter in the big picture so please don't hestiate because most of us are here to admire the little bits and peaces of everybodies creativity .....and i love all lay outs big little small bright vintage what ever .....

But cyber hugs ...and i am going to hope that you do post up in the gallery
mwhoa ....
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:00 pm

well said Sammi well said...in the end this work is for us...these memories and tributes to our lives is for the generations ahead and in 10 even 5 years they won't care what products or styles or techniques were used...all that will metter is the fact that we have taken the time and dedication to preserve these memories for them......so neer ever feel ashamed of what you create because they are all special in their own right.....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy_Jo on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi Ladies.. Sorry about that little freak out. I do really like the page that I did for event 2 but was a little put off. Feeling like I might put it up anyway even though I have missed the deadline. Have ideas going crazy in my head for the canvas....Just hope I get time to complete it. Will have to get DH to have some babysitting time... lol.. Thanks for all the kind support I will put my chin up and soldier on...
Scrappy_Jo
Just Learning

Number of posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:37 pm

hmmm this is gonna be a challenge alright...........cant wait to see what everyone can do with a canvas. Im scared!! hehe affraid
Emma
Just Learning

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-22

View user profile http://www.emmaallen81.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:43 pm

I really am very intrigued what will come out of this....I love canvases and anything OTP really...but lay-outs are my favourite....but some weeks I am in an OTP mood and go venturing....lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by batnbub on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:42 am

Ok my canvas is up. Not really all that arty farty lol but it was fun to do anyhow. If I get more time, I might have another go but we'll see. J xx

batnbub
Just Learning

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Just had a look...very cool dude...
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicity on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:51 am

mine is still trying... texture paste...argh.... I am liking the getting 'messyhappyfun'......
Felicity
Just Learning

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-13

View user profile http://www.herhand.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzyc on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 am

well here i am wednesday morning, and haven't started my canvas.. my days have just disappeared..if anyone finds them let me know!!
well i better get into it..
not sure how i will do this.. but the only way to know is to make a start!!
xx
lizzyc
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:42 am

lol.....shhhh i just went and spent a shite load ..on this challenge ....pmsl ...my brain just went into overload ...and it has been a shite week so i think i just did a bit of retail therapy .....just on scrap stuff ....man i do need help ....lol lol!
phatassphairy
Well on your way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by batnbub on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:41 pm

lol Sam, can't wait to see what you come up with then.

batnbub
Just Learning

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:43 pm

yeah I reckon...lol...I want to go and spend a small fortune over at scraploot...and I am gonna blame Anthea and Lali...lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:26 pm

i know ...i blame them for my problems too geek
phatassphairy
Well on your way