Scrap Chat

Go down

Scrap Chat

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:35 am

This is a place where you can come and talk about anything to do with Scrapbooking. The things we love and hate...lol.
If you know any great techniques or any great products that you have tried or would like to try but are a bit daunted by all of those amazing ever new products out there feel free to use this thread as an area to talk about that. Smile

Welcome and hope to see you all feel at home
Regards Tina Smile
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scrap Chat

Post by scrappinjo on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:42 pm

hey tina, going to start to pick your brain haha! there's always something to pick when it is especially about scrapbooking, what is that h20 stuff i've heard you talk about you have lost me on the subject, how do you use it .....hold on i'm not even sure that is what it is called..LOL! please explain thank you deary
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:37 am

Twinkling H2O's they are by Luminarte, they create a similar effect to Glimmermist, but much less messy and much easier to work with. They come in little jars and the actual stuff is as hard as a rock. So you just grab a paint brush and wet it then depending on how much water you mix it with, you can control the effect you want.
You can make it apply like a sheen over something or you can make it like a paste and use it like a paint....which ever you do the effect is beautiful and different

cheers Tina
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 am

thank you i might just use that.....maybe...we will see...LOL Razz
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Nah seriously you will love the stuff, I have justy been using it on my latest lay-out, it's good for Vintage and Heritage lay-out's well the colours I have anyway. But it comes in brights and pastels...some seriously cool stuff man Very Happy
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 pm

ok you convinced me so when you going to try the embossing, i've thought and thought and thought, looked and looked and looked but to scared to try it....i mean i'm still acomplishing and trying technique's well the simpler ones any way Razz
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:22 am

Soon probably in about a week or two when I can find what I need...
Very Happy
I got no idea what that might be...I think there is a heat gun somewhere thats got to be used and the whole sprinklink over stuff and yeah I got no idea might have to look it up...soon. mmmm scratch
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:59 am

let me know when you have tried it ?
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kirsten on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:40 am

Ive tried the embossing, its quite good. I want to do this big background flower stamp using heat embossing. just havent found the right layout to do it on
kirsten
Just Learning

Number of posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kirsten on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:41 am

Ive done a layout using some of the hints and tips that you gave me Tina, in relation to your affection LO. My digi camera died, so as soon as i get it back I will upload it on here. I quite like it
kirsten
Just Learning

Number of posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:53 am

Thats great I am glad that I could help babe, it's a very hard concept to explain....it was hard finding words, but I learnt it the way you are, I just would look at one particular tech at a time then I would try it, it might have taken me a couple of times to get it right lol. But once I did it was another thing under the belt...eventually once I had quite a few tech's down pat I could decide which could be mixed and which couldn't, then I started looking at lay-outs for the general design similar to a sketch and then go from their now I can look at a photo and pick which lay-out design will acentuate it the best, as well as which tech's will work well with the effect...but in saying this, their are always new products and new techniques to learn, I think that is why scrapbooking is so addictive, because it never gets boring... Smile
But I can't wait to see what you have done, hurry up camera company..lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:54 pm

oh kirsten you sound just like me! well i have to say quite a few technique's i have learnt from tina, i like picking her brain so much info to file threw..LOL! i picked tina's brain about paper layering lately i don't know how she does it but i think that i have got it down pat, i think...LOL! Done 3 so far will have them posted in a day or so.....sorry to here about your camera what a bummer man Evil or Very Mad
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Oh kay people I'm not like some proffesional or anything...lol. Though you both are making me go red...lol. Embarassed

I just believe that everybody starts at the beginning and we all need to grow into it...Scrapbooking is such a diverse craft there are so many styles and techniques to learn and try out, and it never gets boring...because there is always something new, and I like every-one else always needs some help or inspiration as I call it in some areas, especially when you are trying to refine a particular style or technique....

I know that an American Scrapper nick named Scrapperlicious is a big inspiration for me as is anothert American scrapper Robinsberdz, I find my style varies between the two styles that these two ladies do...both very differentm, but both so good.... I am envioius of them both lol....they are truly unique scrappers and yes very inspirational....oh yeah there's another American scrapper that I love her nickname is 2dogs....also very inspirational in her technique application....
Just so wow... Shocked
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:43 pm

hey tina your cheeks look great that shade of pink...LMAO!
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:46 pm

tina giving out trade secret's ooh! Cool
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:29 pm

yeah well thanx Jo I think I put to much blush on that night...lol but really those scrappers I mentioned are just so good, they really know their stuff....
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:20 pm

i know your being honest but i just like that shade of pink....LOL! (very evil) Twisted Evil
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:56 pm

has anyone used moon shine, i know what it is and how it works i was just wondering what the finished product looked like? Very Happy
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Ok, well there is something I have never heard of...so I would be interested to know too. Would like to know what it is as well LOL.

I also want to know where to get the twinking H2Os from...because they sound devine.

I have done the heat embossing with cards and stuff, but not much with LO's. I have all the stuff, but I just can't seem to get it to look right on my LO's...I think I need to pull them out again.
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://www.susehocking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:37 am

well i know moon shine is like glimmermist but i think it is a thicker consistency but the colours are just gorgeous........so hopefully somebody will stumble across here maybe! twinkling h20 tina could help you out with that one she loves the stuff......mind you so do i but you know tina full of info...lol!
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down