How do you store your Rub-ons....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you store your Rub-ons....

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:49 pm

and better yet how do you store your off cut rub-ons...

So far I have at one stage kept them in a drawer....Now I keep them in one of those slip folders that kids use for school....you know the ones with the plastic sleeves...well mine is chockas at the moment I have like 10 packs in each sleeve....lol....but it's hard to put all the off cuts in the sleeves, because I don't want them sticking together and so on.....

So how do you store your stuff.... Question
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you store your Rub-ons....

Post by *Anthea* on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:52 pm

I have all of my rubons in 'document' type boxes, they are big enough for A4 size and you lay them down, has a lid and sits high on a shelf, no worries about the boys getting into them. oh and I also keep em all in their packets.

I am typing to get through my huge stash of rubons, I dont use them much ATM
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:57 pm

i know what you mean i have phases with products....lol. ATM I am still usingthem quite a bit though i am off the pre made embellies....more into making my own and chipboard...lol
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Anthea* on Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:05 pm

yeah I am 'off' embellies also, either I make my own, get out my punches or use just 1 bigish embellie
*Anthea*
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile http://www.our-life-story.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappin4joy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:41 pm

I have some rubon's in the hard case type of A4 document cases....then when I bought tooo many to fit I put the rest in one of my plastic snap together storage boxes.....the little bits I keep in small snap lock baggies if I've lost the original packet....HTH
scrappin4joy
Just Learning

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kirsten on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:42 am

i keep all my rub ons in their original packet, in a drawer. I try to keep them all flat, but as you all know things get a mess quick. I cut my rub ons out that I want to use, so any unused ones I staple on to the backing sheet so they arent floating around loose.
kirsten
Just Learning

Number of posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:11 pm

I got a BG magnetic self healing cutting mat specifically because I saw Erin Lincoln (I think she is a bit of a big wig in the US... not a huge fan but she does have some clever tips) do a demo (maybe on You Tube) using rubons with it... so when I use them I don't cut them out anymore... just position the one you want where you want then use the little magnets to hold it all in place while you rub. It works pretty good so at least that solves the problem of off cuts.

BUT I have HUGE issues with rubons not working very well... HSP will be the DEATH of me and UL drive me insane... though I am beginning to suspect that rubons actually have a "shelf life" and shouldn't be stored for too long... I have THAT many it is ridiculous! I do try to keep them in their original packets and laid flat but sometimes I am lazy and leave them out for a bit... I don't think they like dust either! Wink Can we have a rub on challenge please? I need to use these suckers up!!!! LOL Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:51 pm

mine are in a drawer and in the original packet .......and i don't cut mine out //////i just sort of rub off ...and keep the origin sheet size...if you know what i mean
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappy_suse on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 am

Mine are also all stored in those A4 hard case document files and I lay them flat on the shelf...I think I need another one for them though as this one is bulging. I have so many rubons, and like you girls, am just not using them like I used too. I think I might have to break them open again.

In terms of the left over rubons, it depends on the brands. The HS ones which everyone hates I love...there is a special way of rubbing them off because they are designed to not just stick to the first thing they touch, so you can place the whole sheet down and rub off just the ones you want...love them. The AC ones come in a little book and you just cut off the end ones and the book stays in tact. Others I keep in their original baggies...this sometimes and sometimes doesn't work LOL
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://www.susehocking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by my5bratz on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:06 am

I just have mine on jump rings in my cropper hopper. I too get frustrated when they wont "rub" properly...and Im sure mine breed when Im not looking Wink lol
my5bratz
Getting There

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phatassphairy on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:31 am

giggles .......@ your scrapping breeding ......where did they get that habit from ...oh queen of breeding ...lol
phatassphairy
Well on your way

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tina Head Lady on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:46 am

lol....I know how mine breed I am sure I scrap shop in my sleep.....he he he....you know those weird mornings when you wake up and comp is on but your sure you turnerd it off....yeah well ....I am thinking thios is the reason.....lol Shocked
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by my5bratz on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:52 am

phatassphairy wrote:giggles .......@ your scrapping breeding ......where did they get that habit from ...oh queen of breeding ...lol

ha har Razz lol
my5bratz
Getting There

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappinjo on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:41 pm

well, i kep mine in a folder like tina, and i only cut the rub on sheet not the backing and when i'm finished i stick it back down with a bit of double sided tape that seems to work for me, i'm to impatient to put them back in the cover so , kudos to you girls,
scrappinjo
You Know your stuff

Number of posts : 551

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top