Deep and Meaningful questions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Deep and Meaningful questions

Post by Tina Head Lady on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:44 am

Very true very true....I think when it comes to those situations I feel the best thing to do is learn from it, and take what you can even if you regret it....

I suppose there is only so much you can rectify in your life, but I believe that as long as the drive is there to always do the right thing by your self and others then I suppose accidents can happen. and it is just a part of life that you will finf your self in situations that otherwise you would not choose otherwise.......lol.

cheers Jo
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep and Meaningful questions

Post by scrappy_suse on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:49 am

Tina, I was born in South Africa too and my family moved over here when I was 17 years old. It was bad back then, but we went back in 2006 and it is even worse...ike you said, you drive down the street and all you see is brick walls and barbed and razor wire everywhere. And the number of homeless people there is astounding, or even the millions of people living in shanty towns...all the children living in squoller (sp?)...absolutely heartbreaking and something I will never ever forget. I guess it being my home country it is not something you want to forget.

I am just so grateful that I am here now and can bring up my children in this wonderful country. I won't hide from them all the desolateness of where I come from, but I want them to have an understanding of just how blessed they really are, and hopefully instill in their hearts a true burden for those people.

the whole being true to yourself debate is a tricky one I think. I think it is important to be true to yourself, but what about the criminals out there who do such horrendous acts and then say they were being true to who they are...know what I mean...hard one to explain really, don't know. I think I may have just opened a whole new can of worms here.
scrappy_suse
Getting There

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://www.susehocking.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2