Photography

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photography

Post by Tina Head Lady on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:44 am

I have had two photo's published in photography journals...thats something to be proud of I suppose. But I don't classify myself as a photographer, here are just a few things I have learnt and read along the way that have helped my photo taking techniques.

To try and get that special shot is hard, so if your looking at doing a photo shoot be pre-pared for about an half an hour to an hour of almost continous shots.

Angles play a big part when taking photo's.

Shooting from up up above so you looking down at your subject, will create depth, especially in a lay -out.

Taking a photo at eye level and from the front will create balance on a lay-out. Though taking profile shots will enable you to use the photo as a directional tool on a lay-out, making your eye follow the direction the subject in the photo is looking.

Taking a photo from below, so you looking up at the subject will create the effect of height and growth in a lay-out. As well as being an interesting angle.

These are a few tips that have helped me to get that perfect shot. There are more, but they are to do with lighting and editing.

Please feel free to add any handy hints to share with every one.

Cheers Tina
Tina Head Lady
Admin

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://cddoodles.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Photography

Post by CreativeMe68 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Congrats to you too Tina....Of course you should be proud of yourself!

Thanks for the tips might have to start taking a few photos from these different angles and see what type of photos I get! I have never brought any photography mags as I have the biggest scrapping mags collection anyone has ever seen.
CreativeMe68
Just Learning

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-13

View user profile http://creativeme68sharondalton.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappin4joy on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:21 pm

A great achievement Tina...well done....

my tip would be to do with the placement of the subject in the photo.....
with the exception of close up portraits.....try picturing your viewfinder/screen divided into 3rds both horizontally and vertically.....(your display menu should have a grid that you can select to help with this)....the main focus in your photo should be positioned where the imaginary lines intersect.....so for eg. the horizon should be placed either 1/3 of the way down the pic or 2/3 of the way down...never in the middle of the pic....if there is a tree or person should be positioned off centre also....
I hope I've made sense.....
scrappin4joy
Just Learning

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top